♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Glutton For Golf Punishment

Authored by Rickey Combs

I've been a duffer for thirty years. Back on my sixteenth birthday, dad took me out to the course and gave me his old set of clubs. I had knocked a few balls around the yard since I was eight but never played anything more than par-three and miniature golf until then. That first drive off the tee got me hooked. It went far and straight landing smack in the middle of the fairway. That was the last time that happened!

I've been buying fancy clubs and super golf balls that guarantee my game will get me back to that first time off the tee. They lie! However, I'm stubborn and have committed my fortune and person to the goal of achieving one more perfect shot off the tee. My wife asks me why I punish myself to such a degree when otherwise I'm a decent fellow.

She goes with me all the time now. We are retired and I'm still an idiot whacking that little white ball in hopes that there will be that repeat of a lost moment in time where the rotten thing went where I told it to go! I think my wife tags along because she likes to see me suffer. It has to be that since she is a better golfer than me.

I taught her how to play. I taught her just what the books say and she listened. I certainly wish I could follow my own advice. We get up at dawn, have breakfast, set the home security alarm from TotalAlarmSystems.com and head for the links so that I may be embarrassed once again. This is why I really hate foursomes.

0 Comments:

ss_blog_claim=0102118d69a6dc44ab623f2f44dc26f1 ss_blog_claim=0102118d69a6dc44ab623f2f44dc26f1