♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Love Volunteering With the Fifth Graders

This guest post from Hong Alexander

I have never experienced anything quite like volunteering at my son's school. A lot of parents, including myself, work and can't do much volunteer work; however, I try to at least chaperone field trips. It's not always easy chasing fifth graders all day, setting my home security alarm from totalalarmsystems.com before I leave the house makes it a lot easier because I can really focus on the kids and not the safety of my home.

My son's class also does bake sales and car washes. These are great too and I love attending them every chance I get. Of these two I'd have to say the car washes are my favorite; the kids always have a splash of a blast.

The kids are getting to the age that soon they won't want parents around all the time so I'm going to squeeze in as much as I can before he kicks me out of his school. I think before that happens I'm going to start volunteering in the classroom again. It will at least give me a chance to see what he's learning before he shuts me completely out of his social life.

0 Comments:

ss_blog_claim=0102118d69a6dc44ab623f2f44dc26f1 ss_blog_claim=0102118d69a6dc44ab623f2f44dc26f1